Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Milk Lamp

When I went to the Antique festival this weekend I found a great old milk bottle.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw it.

I went to Lowes and bought a light kit, a glass bit.

IMG_3741_1024x768

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After about 30 minutes of drilling, sweating and freaking out.  I finally got the hole in the back of the bottle and ran the wire and wired up the rest of the lamp.  A few things of note here when you are drilling the glass take it nice and slow and use plenty of water while drilling.  This lubricates the bit and allows you to drill cleanly, make sure to use a low rpm on the drill so that you don’t over heat the glass and crack it. 

IMG_3742_1024x768

IMG_3744_1024x768 IMG_3743_1024x768

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We have not totally decided about the Styrofoam in the bottle.  We are going to give it a few days to see if we want to stay with that or find something else to fill the bottle with, maybe some bottle caps or something similar. 

I think I might go back to the next show and pick up another one of these and use them for our nightstands in the bedroom.  We will see what happens.

Have a Great Day!

Technorati Tags: ,,


All Thingz Related

0 comments:

Post a Comment